[ST] Stranger and stranger

G'day All,
    I had a look at the FAQ'S on the site (missed that the first time, time
for new specs) and checked out the differences between the '99 and '00
models as well as the vin number code area. On checking sure enough the Y in
the vin number means '00, the bike has the different computer, front brake
master cylinder mounted on the r/h 'bar etc. As i mentioned before, the vin
plate is stamped 10/1999, so it's all a bit odd. I'm thinking of emailing
Triumph and putting the question to 'em as i'm getting most curious and i
assume they keep some sort of records, does anyone know who i should send
the email to?
Also, i've noticed that the plastic covers that fit over the rear vision
mirror arms have come off the mountings and won't stay in place, they seem
to have stretched probably from old age, has anyone else had this problem?
Has anyone fitted a Staintune muffler? I've heard an RS fitted with a
Triumph carbon can and wasn't really impressed with the sound, i'm not after
extra performance, just that lovely triple beat like my old T150 had, i've
got a pair of Dunstall Decibels in the shed maybe i should fit them
up................i'm sure the police would love that!
Regards
Bill Wilkin