Re: [ST] New member

On Sunday, March 24, 2002, at 08:19 PM, Steve Duncan wrote:

> Hopeful, Troy wrote:
>>
>> =td=
>>
>> '02 BRG ST (delivery to be taken tomorrow ?)

> Well?  Well?  It's Sunday, now.  Didja?

Too many puddles on the roads Saturday; we've had a low camping off the
coast driving lots of moisture our way.

for US west coast riders:

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/94301?name=westcoastussatellite_large_animated&;
day=1

gives more accurate weather info IMO than the usual 5 day forecast.

Looks like rain tomorrow, but maybe the high behind it will get here
(Santa Cruz, CA) Tuesday...

for some weather humor:

WILL FLATTEN AND BE PUSHED TO THE EAST. ALSO...CLOUDS WILL INCREASE
OVER THE AREA ON MONDAY LEADING TO THE POSSIBILITY OF SHOWERS AS
EARLY AS MONDAY NIGHT. THE MODELS...WHICH FREQUENTLY HAVE A HARD
TIME WITH RUN TO RUN CONSISTENCY IN FORECASTING THE LOCATION OF
SPRING TIME CUT-OFF LOWS...ARE UP TO THERE USUAL FLEXIBLE
FORECASTING ON THIS ONE. THEREFORE...A CHANCE OF SHOWERS WILL BE
MENTIONED IN THE FORECAST AS LONG AS THE DISTURBANCE IS EXPECTED TO
BE NEAR THE AREA. CURRENTLY...THE 00Z MODELS INDICATE THE LOW WILL

(http://www.weather.nps.navy.mil/wx/current/mry_fcst.html)

>   You're gonna HATE the 500 mi. break-in.  Do what I did, head out for
> a "RAT" Rallye and get it over with in one week-end! :]

Either that or a week's commuting over Hwy 17 will do it...

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/9512/web_shame/jerque.mov (~500k)

btw, for those of you familiar with the Old Santa Cruz hwy,
http://www.beal-net.com/hwy17/holycity.html is an interesting read...

50mph in 3rd/4th up the hill shouldn't lug the engine too much.

On 2nd thought, I think I'll keep the bike parked at work, going out
each nite to terrorize the (surviving) dotcommers with the stainless
slipon.

=td=

'02 BRG  ST (delivery to be taken RSN...)