[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #174

> Lastly, i put the bike up on the centre stand last night to check the
chain
> etc and discovered it's quite a stretch down (i'm tall) to get my hand on
> the lifting handle which ain't good for the back and also my hand squashed
> the side panel a fair bit. Yes i did step down pretty hard on the stand at
> the same time. I hope this is an aquired knack like the old T150 or my
> Nortons, if not i'm considering making up a fold away handle that attaches
> to where the standard handle is. Has anyone tried this already?

Sorry, Bill, but it doesn't get any better.  I came from a '98 Executive and
my only complaint(s) with the ST is the lack of thought in the bags and lift
handle.  Too many keys (3 with the trunk bag), it's very difficult to
release the seat with the panniers attached and my 58 year old back doesn't
like the bend to the lift handle any more than yours does.  Ah, but when you
get a leg over and the triple starts it wail...

It'll do.

Andy Kay
Riders of the Lost Empire