Re: [ST] new subject: ST & wheelies

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "rmasiak" <rmasiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [ST] new subject: ST & wheelies

> I don't know?  What you're describing sounds like a 2nd gear wheelie.  My
> owners manual shows the 00 ST & RS geared the same.  When I wheelie my RS
in
> 1st my RPM's are around 4500-5000 then I just wick it and wahooo!  Now in
> 2nd gear I have the RPM's up to about 6000-6500 (who knows maybe 7K), then
> quick off to full so I load the front and with the help of fork spring
> action and alittle tug I lift it.

RPM's reported could be a little off. My point was that its more popping
wheelies than powering them. Might be easier to power some wheelies with the
RS. The bikes may be geared the same but the RS is lighter and tuned
differently. I also have the stock sprockets still, but plan to drop to the
18 front when a change is needed. 16K miles and still the stock
chain/sprocket. I'm wondering if I should just spring for the new ones
before the old ones wear out. I fear I'm missing out on a little fun.

The only time I've actually powered a wheelie is going up a small hill. Now
that's fun, getting the front wheel off the ground under power alone. And
the landing is nice and soft.

- -Chris "Snow Dawg" Strizver