[ST] Flame wars

Ladies & gentlemen,

Until recently, we had a bulletin board system on our work Intranet which
made very interesting reading.  It was world-wide and covered a wide variety
of subjects, from work-related issues to more general topics such as
politics, environment, religion etc.  There were a few topics, though, which
were absolutely guaranteed to start flame wars between Europeans and
Americans.  As a result, the system was shut down.  Gun control was one of
these too-hot topics.

One of the reasons I enjoy reading this list is that it is truly
international, but I have noticed in the last year that the non-US lister
postings are becoming rarer.  I think we had better stick to discussing
motorcycles unless we want to have an international incident and lose a
substantial number of listers!

Neil
P.S. Obligatory ST content; only 17 days until I get back to Edinburgh and
fire up my ST again, wahooo!