Re: [ST] Tire Mileage && bonus trip planning

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Wesley Horner wrote:

> > I don't know but I have never heard of anyone (else)
> > getting 9K miles out of any tire on any sportbike.
> > I'm jealous.  Are the New England roads paved with
> > gold?  ;^)
>
> I just hit 10k miles on my front tire here in the bay area.  It is eavenly
> worn since I don't take long highway trips.  I ride aggressivly from time
> to time but most of my miles are commuting.
>
> My rear tire is at 7500 miles and is not looking quite as good as the front
> but still good for a few hundred more miles.  When my tax return arrives
> I'm getting 2 new tires.
>
> A coworker of mine got 12k miles on a set of tires that came with his vfr.

Wow, on my 9r, one rear tire lasted < 3000 miles, with no stationary
burn outs (in other words, if the rear tire slipped, it was because I
was accelerating WFO, I must admit I miss having a bike that could
either pull the front up or spin the rear depending on where my upper
body was).

Anyway, on the ST, I will be putting a 4th rear on the bike before my
next road trip, which will hopefully be in about 2 or 3 weeks. I want to
Vegas on a Saturday night, so I figure I will leave Dallas on a Thursday
at noon, and get back late Monday. If I don't make it to Vegas, oh well,
I will still have a great ride.  Hopeing for atleast 750 mile/day
average, so I should be able to log about 3500-4000 miles. I would also
like to see Hoover dam, but the hard hat tours are no longer offered.

I might be a bit late for work on Tuesday though. As well I should read
the rules for the SS1000, might aim for a hotel/motel 1100 miles away
from Dallas on Sunday night, then go for the license plate frame on
Monday.

Hey do they have license plate frames for cages too?

STeve, Manuel, Brian, up for a fast pased long weekend?

what ever, back to work.

Tom

> Wes
>
> --
> ~~~~wesman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
> the name of the company that owns them anymore.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 15,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500