Re: [ST] New file uploaded

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Mike Benzon wrote:

> brought back the memories. Two subjects stood out strong for me, getting
> cold and fatigue. I don't have any electric clothing and I became very

> BBG. This time I will plan the rest stops.

And take electrics and a good rain suite. No matter how much clothing I
have layer on my self. I have never been warmer than when I had on

jeans, T-shirt, gerbings full liner, leather jacket, and triumph 1 piece
rainsuite.

thats is, best part is, no loss in mobility, I was comfortable, and at
38-42 deg F when we left my place I could not keep the gerbings on all
the time. I know we have convered this several times, but dollar for
dollar I though the first 2 piece rain suite I got was amazing, I have
to put the gerbings and triumph up there now.

It just amazes me how I (past) and other riders put riding gear so far
down on the budget list. I now have full perf leather, good helmet, good
heater liner, good rain suit, and it makes going for a ride in 110deg F
down to an estimated 20 deg F very reasonable.

I do not mean to insult anyone, hell I used to be as bad as an offender
as anyone, but seeing a guy with no jacket hit the pavement at 80 got me
out of the boy racer with only a T-shirt on and into a full perf, now I
am actually getting leather pants too. Just got some boots too.

Of course all of this is IMHO only, time to get back to work.

t.