[ST] chain/centerstand

Hi, I need a little help ,took the S/T to the dealer for a new chain ,on the
way back home stoped to fuel it and the bike wont go up on the centerstand.
Filled it up got home (250 mile round trip) . The centerstand works if some
one pulls the back up with me,called dealer they said something about haveing
to adjust the rear sprocket and this adjusted the cocentric(?) which lowered
the bike. So I either can do this round trip again or try to fix it myself if
any of you can explain how in  easy to understand terms. They also used a
clip master link I didnt do the chain because I dont have the rivet kit.
       Tanks for any help and advice.
       Steve,Viper Dawg