Re: [ST] First gear

I think it depends on what you intend for  the primary use of the bike.
 In touring mode with just play riding on the twisties, the 19t seems
fine to me.  In "street fighter" guise, the 17t or 18t may be better
with a trade off in 6th gear crusing rpms and gas mileage.

I still feel the ST is one of the best all arounders you can buy.

Dave "Olde Dawg" Bardell
01 ST in BRG
02 Gas Gas Pro 200 Trials
"Remember, it's only kinky the first time"