[ST] Long distance touring.

I've been lurking here for a week or two now, so first an Intro, My name is
Steve, I live in the Madison, WI Area. Until March 27 I had a 1200 Trophy.
Now,for the first time in 15+ years of riding,I find myself waiting for a
check from my insurance.I'm considering my replacement options.
I've test ridden a Sprint ST a couple of times at dealers. Love the motor,
and as my brother says "it's a bad bike because it makes me want to do bad
things." :-)
 But, I'm not sure I'll find it comfortable enough for me on long days. I
liked the ergonomics of the Trophy and esp. the leg room. I've done a couple
700 mile days on that bike and had planed to work up to a SS1000 when I got
a better seat. I ride mostly solo so passenger comfort isn't a
consideration.
So, in this groups experience, what kind of distance is the ST good for. Do
bar risers, aftermarket seats etc., make major improvements toward that end.
Or am I better off finding another Trophy.

Steve H.
'91 CB750 NH "The Metal Mule"
'00 1200 Trophy "Mons" 18000 miles RIP