longest range?(Re: mpg observations(Re: [ST] Mileage))

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 01:44:29PM -0500, brian wrote:
> Okay, that was pretty long winded.  Basically, I can get 47-50mpg+ if
> I'm cruising very slowly 65-75mph indicated.  It physically pains me
> to tour this slowy, however, so I usually get 40-45mpg at 80-100mph
> indicated.  Throw in a good headwind and things just get worse.

Just to follow-up, I confirmed this again yesterday.  I had 140 miles
on the current tank of gas that were all slower (avg 75mph indicated)
highway miles.  The wife and I went out riding yesterday afternoon.  We
got to 200 miles on the tank, and still no fuel indicator light.

Whoa, the most miles I'd ever put on a tank was 209, and that was
(literally) running it dry.  We kept going, and finally the level
dropped below 1/2 tank.  I was starting to sweat it and though maybe the
indicator was broken and we'd get stuck somewhere.  I finally stopped in
Glen Rose and filled up at 230 miles on the current tank, still w/o the
indicator light coming on!

I put in 4.29 gallons -> 53mpg

Amazing.

So what's the farthest anyone's gone on a tank of gas on their ST?
I'll start the bidding at 230 miles.

And how much gas did you have to spare when you finally did fill up?

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)