tool conspiracy(Re: [ST] Front sprocket removal)

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 08:58:02PM -0700, Chris wrote:
> I'll just be heading to the dealer tomorrow to let them do it. I'm not
> gonna go buy a socket and driver big enough for this job, because it'd
> be the only job I'd use it for. Why, oh why, did Triumph think that
> the average Joe would have a socket that big hanging around? Argh!

Heh, I think you've hit on the answer.  They KNOW you won't have one
that size and they DON'T want you to do it yourself.  Probably the same
reason they use torx and allen heads, or why US carmakers started going
from SAE to metric sizes.

A guy on my street that rides a ZRX1200 used to drive a Snap-On (tool
distributor) truck.  He said he had guys from all over the neighborhood
coming by his place trying to borrow tools.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)