Re: [ST] RE: st-digest V2002 #263

Mike just a quick comment on BMW's new linked Power Assisted ABS.. NO
ONE that has them cares much for them! On the RT if you use the rear
even a bit firmly it also almost slams on the fronts, the problem
being that with the power assist it's VERY hard to modulate the
rear.. many people have dropped their bikes because of this. The
K1200RS and the R1150R have partial linked so that if you use the
fronts the rear is brought into play.. a good thing.. if one uses the
rear only, only the rear is used.. much better. I've ridden a new 02
RT and I wouldn't spend the almost 16K on one. In fact I've heard
that BMW may change the 03 RT over to the less linked setup of the
other bikes due to so many complaints. Just my $.02 worth.

Erik