Re: Triumph Rules! (was)Re: [ST] Looking for brake rotors

On Mon, 13 May 2002 11:20:28 -0700, Steve Bergman
<steverayb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just don't get it.  I have owned two sprints now, the '00 that sat
>in the shop all last summer and was eventually replaced, and now the
>replacement '01 that I received at the end of last summer.  The new
>one has been in the shop about 4 times now and hasn't run properly
>since I picked it up. It's been in the shop for a total of 20
>days.(not including the first service interval) with only 3200 miles
>on the clock.  It's still in the shop now as a matter of fact going
>on the third week.

What the hell? What is the issue it's in the shop for? If it's
driveability, they should be able to sort that out pretty quickly
unless they can't operate their EGA or manometers.

>Tell me I'm being unreasonable and/or it will get better & it will
>help me stay rational here.

My time with my Sprint has not all been perfect. At 31,000 miles, one
of the spark plugs came apart and took out a piston. That was a freak
occurrence that could have happened to anyone who got that bad NGK
plug, so it's hard to fault the design or workmanship. Triumph was
still good enough to fix it for me though. The rest of my time has
been pretty solid, and I attribute that mainly to the excellent
dealers I took it to for the 600 and 6000 mile service, the pretty
darn good service I've done on it myself since then, and the generally
high quality parts Triumph manufactured and/or outsourced.

I'd say hang in there, and stay on top of the dealer. For my own self,
I found myself looking hard at an '02 Sprint today while waiting for a
new tire to be mounted...