[ST] Out of gas...

In a fit of brilliance the other day, I ran out of gas
while riding my RS.  (Actually, the bike ran out of
gas, I seem to have an endless supply).  Anyway, after
refueling the "Check Engine" light stayed on.  I've
seen on this list that that will happen for three
complete cold to warm cycles if the battery has been
disconnected but does this hold true when the bike
runs out of gas?  I don't think it went through three
cycles (the light is now off) and I don't understand
why the light should come on anyway.  BTW, the bike
started immediately with no problems after refueling.

Randy
'00 RS