Re: [ST] Tale of the EBC brake pads

- -----Original Message-----
From: Howlin' Dawg <howlindawg@xxxxxxxxxx>
.Subject: Re: [ST] Tale of the EBC brake pads

>The EBC Kevlar pads are very mediocre. Average stoping power and they don't
>last too long.
>The EBC pads that you were probably looking for were the EBC-HH which are
>pretty much on  a par with the OE pads.

The OEM pads are a HH compound????

I like the EBC Kevlars - at least their linear feel. Aside from quickly
getting black brake dust all over the front of the bike, only real drawback
I've ever seen with em is tendency to fade under prolonged/hard braking. EBC
HH's aren't linear enough for me - too much initial grabbines. I prefer
Dunlopad HH or Ferodo's (their compound formulation seems to be a little
more linear) and as soon as I go through the stock ones, that will be what I
switch to (except the rear - just put cheap junk in it - useless
decoration).....

Charlie McCullough
'99 ST (red)