[ST] Re: tale of the EBC brake pads

Not sure who initially asked about these pads but here's my .02

First off, I don't usually give advice on what stuff anybody should use.
It's kind of like the same thing with taking advice about what oil to
use or what chain lube is best.  It's not the people that have good
experiences that I want to hear from, its the few that have had an
engine give up or chain that didn't last that I want to hear from.
Those are the people that need to fess up what they were using.

With that in mind, here's my .02 on EBC kevlar:  They are absolutely
inferior in every respect to the OEM nissin pads.  They have typical
wooden feel, no initial bite, and they are almost COMPLETELY WORTHLESS
in the rain.  If you think they have no bite dry, wait till you get them
wet.  I also disagree with whoever said they have linear stopping power,
but that is just my opoinion.  I have used them on a Tiger and my ST.
Both gave identical results.  The only reason they went on the ST after
having them on the Tiger is that the dealer screwed up when he installed
them.

Bottom line is, if you like the feel of the OEM's, don't get the EBC
kevlars.  They feel anemic after the original excellent nissin pads.

Cheers,
Jonathan West
2 dawgs...