[ST] Cracked Fairing

Has anyone experienced cracking or distortion of the fairing right at the 3
into 1 exhaust collector on first generation ST's?  I was made aware of this
by two others who say theirs is distorted and when I checked mine it was
actually cracked.  Seems like the pipe is too close to the fairing on the
first generation ST's.  One of those others tells me they have improved the
spacing on the new ST's.  Anyone aware of Triumph having a fix for this so
it doesn't happen again and actually repairing it under warranty (even if
the warranty is over)?