Re: [ST] New file uploaded

On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 08:02  am, ST Webpage wrote:

> Andy Cunningham has uploaded the following file for you to view
>
> Description :-
> I\'m having my 10000 km (6000 mile) service done next week and wanted
> to check whether my clutch cable needs replacing.  I\'m fairly sure (if
> I read it correctly) that my VIN falls within the recall range, but
> I\'ve not received any notification from Triumph Sweden.  I\'ve
> uploaded a picture of my clutch cable where it connects to the
> handlebars and would appreciate your opinions on whether it is the new
> or old cable.  I saw an older ST at the weekend that had a much longer
> curved metal tube that was used at the handlebar end, which I clearly
> do not have.  Thnaks for your help.
>
> Andy

You can't tell anything from that photo. The obvious visual difference
is that the metal bend at the bottom end is black on the new ones rather
than the original chrome. To make really sure just remove the lever and
see whether the nipple shroud is plastic (new type) or metal (old type
needs replacing).

Dave