[ST] Re: Recall notifications

Gents -

In fact TMA does send recall notification letters to every correctly
registered owner of a machine that falls within an affected VIN range subject
to recall.

Each dealer is then requested to do a backup telephone notification based on
their own records and especially if the dealer happens to be aware that a
machine has changed ownership due to trade-in or whatever.

TMA often lacks current and correct information due to lax registration
practices or record keeping at dealership level.  Rule of thumb - if you
purchase a new Triumph and get your subscription to Torque magazine then TMA
have got a correctly registered unit and you will be "on the list" for any
applicable owner notification.

One of the reasons that the ST web site has almost instant information on
these applicable recalls is that TMA realizes that there are some
communication issues with the current registration processing system.
TriumphNet has been a valuable friend and unofficial communication conduit
for TMA in numerus instances.

In the USA if you cannot get a dealer to do his homework with respect to
recall information [TMA puts it out to EVERY dealer] - you may call
678-854-2010 and ask for Peter Carleo in Customer Service.  Leave a voicemail
if you have to, he is one person serving a customer base that is growing
geometrically.

TMA depends on a network of independent franchised dealerships to do their
jobs and take things like product recalls seriously, and they will always be
first line of communication with a growing number of customers.

How do I know these things?

I know.

Cheers,
Kenny Stewart