[ST] ear plugs

In a message dated 5/29/02 9:59:02 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  They cost me $35, and are worth every penny.  I would highly reccomend
them.  BTW, California Vehicle Code prohibits the use of earplugs while
operating a motor vehicle, but there is an ecxception for custom fit
ones.  Although I have never known anyone to receive a citation for
using the foam type, it is nice to have the peace of mind, as well as
the comfort.

Wes Kendall >>

You are supposed to have the Dr.'s prescription for the custom plugs in your
wallet to show the arresting officer, to satisfy the letter of the law. Dave
Collins, San Diego