[ST] helmets and dying

So no one wearing a helmet ever dies?

Sure, people wearing helmets die, but on the other hand, on a couple of
occasions of my 40+ years of riding, if I hadn't been wearing a helmet, my
riding career would have definitely been cut short. The last episode was
going straight over the bars at about 60mph and landing square on top of my
head, literally losing about an inch in height from compressing my spine.
Had I not been wearing a helmet, it wouldn't have mattered at all! I got up
with a broken bone in my hand and a dislocated collarbone. I got on the back
of my buddy's bike and rode 60 miles home. My first thought when I hit the
ground was, "Am I dead, yet?" I wasn't, and got to see the road sliding
under me and got to worry about what I was going to hit that was going to
really hurt! I didn't hit anything else and full leathers saved me from any
further injury. Protective gear is definitely cheap insurance!
Bare