[ST] shifting

>The gearbox broke-in just like normal for a Triumph.  A bear for the first
1k, then getting better, then a plateau.  After the 6k service it was as
smooth as butter, but slowly got worse as the oil broke down.  However, it
has NEVER been as bad as it is now, after my 12k service.  I expected the
butter to return, not concrete!

Check your clutch adjustment. It sounds like the clutch is dragging.
Different oil shouldn't make much difference. I used to switch back and
forth between Castrol dino oil and Mobil 1 on my T3 S3 and could tell a bit
of difference in shifting, but not enough to worry about, or hardly notice,
unless you were looking for it.
Bare