RE: [ST] Help selecting the right new tires

Ahhh, the tire thread (or is it the tire tread) is back.....

Roger, prepare to be inundated with every possible opinion about every
motorcycle tire known to man.

Here's my $0.02 worth:
I don't know the BT020, as my Sprint came with BT57s.   I replaced them with
Dunlop D220ST's about 2 months and 2k miles ago. (Yes, I pushed the BT57s
for 12K+ miles).  So far, they are wearing very well.  At the rate they're
going, they'll easily last 8 - 10K miles.

I am not a tire connoisseur/expert/guru by any stretch of the imagination.
But I immediately noticed an improvement over the Bridgestone's.  I used to
think it was me, because the bike would sometimes feel "nervous" or twitchy
when leaned over hard.  Sort of like it didn't know if it wanted to lean
over more or stand up.  Since fitting the D220's on, it feels like a new
bike.  It hold a line in the corners way better than with the BT57's, and
feel a lot more stable at all lean angles.  They've boosted my confidence a
lot.

Dunlop markets them as sportTOURING tires, so they're not the stickiest
tire, but will probably last longer than most.

Mort H.
'00 ST