From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Marc
Danziger
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 10:24 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] earplugs

Here in CA, there is a quirk in the law which makes custom earplugs legal
to wear while riding, and the foam ones illegal. Many officers,
particularly in 'high enforcement' zones, will add-on the earplug cite to
other citations, adding points and dollars to the ticket.

I've convinced a state legislator to carry a bill getting rid of this
absurd law.

I need to get a package together for her staff by 12/15, and can use some
help. Am particularly interested in any concrete information on the effect
of earplugs on hearing loss, and on operator alertness and awareness.

Anyone up for it?? Let me know.

Marc D

*

*