Re: [ST] The Smiley Bag incident

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, STeve Duncan wrote:

> Hey Matt :)  Yes, I was waiting for the first person to voice that comment.
> And when I tell this tale "live", my final advice is just that, "Lift your
> faceshield, dummy".  But please remember that this did not happen sitting a
> my computer screen, or around a campfire.  This happened "at speed" with no
> warning.  Yep, in retrospect lifting the faceshield,...or....simply turning
> my head to one side would have done the trick.  But at the time, well, I did
> not have time for such a well thought out deductive process...........
>
> Hopefully I, and anyone who reads this story will be better prepared.  Those
> damn bags are everywhere.  And I bet you and everyone else will be much more
> cognizant of their evil presence.

Yup, with the added wisdom passed down from STeve, when ever I see
bag floating through the air I perform the three stooges proceedure,
I put my left hand perpendicular against my visor!

This should be tought in the MSF courses.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 14 days, 403 miles)

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)