[ST] Reason why driving on the right is bad for motorcyclists

Seeing John's picture of the Smiley bag incident reminded me of why it is great
to ride on the proper side of the road (ie the left, as we do in the UK)

When, in a right hand drive country, you pull in to park on the nearside the
camber of the road naturally falls away to the right.  The sidestand is on the
left.  This means the likelihood of finding a stable platform for your bike is
reduced, plus you are dismounting towards the stream of traffic.

Here, where we drive on the proper side of the road, the camber assists the
stability when parking plus you dismount away from the stream of traffic (ie
towards the sidewalk in US parlance)

Just thought I'd throw that in as I'm bored and it's raining and it's one day
after Guy Fawkes day.

Hence....
Lights blue touch-paper and retires.

:-))))))