Re: [ST] The Smiley Bag incident

previously, on the list;
>From: "TElliott" <triumph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote........

>I agree, there's always someone with a witty answer of what you should have
>done, but unless you're in the situation you don't now how you'll react to
>given incident.  I've had several myself and after sitting and thinking, at
>my computer, figured out I could have done this or that.  It's always
>easier
>to point out others faults.  Glad you are ok and I know how you feel.
>
>Tim Elliott

_________________________

Thanks Tim, we've all been there, I think anyone who has ridden for a
period of time, ultimately is faced with many types of "unavoidable"
encounters. Yet in retrospect, they always seem "perfectly avoidable".  That
is the beauty of this medium, the internet, that we can all share strange
encounters, whether they be on the road or in the garage.  Then, we can all
be prepared "next time".  And trust me, after a 1/4 million miles, I have
had my fair share of "strange" encounters.  My "Guardian Angels", was not a
throwaway line.

And I don't think Matt was being ~critical~ so much as pointing out the
"obvious".  Hell, I was thinking of the same solution within about 10
minutes, out there on the side of the road.

You should hear me tell this story "live" after a hard day of riding with a
group.  The punchline;  "Lift up your visor, dummy", always gets a laugh,
and a nod of newly attained knowledge....Good enough for me.

Duncan
Dallas