[ST] Metzeler Sportec issue

One caveat I'd like to make note of when I switched over to the Metzeler
SPortec M-1 on my Sprint RS:

I found the circumference to be much bigger than the stock Bridgestone
BT-020. So much so that I had to add a link to my chain, and when new, the
M-1 runs *VERY* close to the arch on the inside of the swingarm, while the
adjusters are starting out at about 2/3's to 3/4 of the totla available
adjustment travel.

The really NICE thing about this is that the rear ride height gains enough
to sharpen the steering even more, for quicker turn-in. Gives the illusion
of a more peaked front profile, but in fact, the profile of front M-1's and
BT-020's is fairly similar.

YMMV, as I don't know if the chain I had on there to start with was "factory
length" or not. All else is factual (though to some here, purely "anecdotal"
evidence.)

Ken M.
'00 RS