[ST] Off topic - for California listers & snowboarders

We're planning a Christmas trip to California and we'd like to go
snowboarding near Lake Tahoe.  Never having been on a ski vacation in the
US, I'd appreciate tips from anyone who knows the Tahoe resorts - we're
looking for a place that is suitable for a beginner/intermediate boarder and
an advanced level boarder.

If any of the California listers can give advice, or just tell me how crazy
we are for even thinking about going there over Christmas, please contact me
off list at andersng@xxxxxx

Thanks very much,

Neil