RE: [ST] Non-ST, Computing on the road

>So my question is, has anyone found a PDA with sufficient software or good
>durable notebook to take on the road?  Thanks.

Hi,

Another route might be to get a GPS and pre-program your route.  I did this
on a tour out to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Colorado.  Had all the
counties loaded with roads, atm, scenic stops, and a few other tidbits of
info loaded with room to spare.  I have a eMap with 8 meg card.  Nice thing
about this is if you want to go off your route, punch in a city name and it
will give to a line of sight.  You can then figure out which route to take
from there.

As far as rugged goes.  Crashed with mine mounted on the bike and the thing
survived.  I was able to download the track and figure out how fast I was
going and where the bike stopped.  Used that to go back to the scene.  I
don't recommend this use of a GPS to anyone ;)

John
Austin
'01 R1150GS (In the garage in 4 days!)
'01 ST BRG (26k - RIP)