RE: [ST] Crash and New Bike (long)

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, John Morin wrote:

> >Speaking of which, will you be healed (sic) enough to be able to
> >ride it up for the motorcycle show?
>
> Tom,
>
> Don't know if I'll be ready. I'm going to test out the ankle next week. It's

On the one hand, I would really like to see the bike, but on the other I am glad
to see that you are not pushing your self.

> still pretty weak, side to side wise.  A friend from Austin and I are coming
> up so we may take his van just in case we buy a bunch of junk from the show.

Yeah, I will probably be taking the truck down at least one
of the days.

> I've got a few big items I want to get like engine guard bar(not the plastic
> cylinder guards-have those already), GS Adventure windscreen, helmet and a
> couple other goodies for the GS.

Up for meeting Saturday around 1 at the Triumph display?

> I know what you mean about the VStrom. I did look at it, I like the engine,

Yeah, bit to much of they gr[e|a]y plastic.

> but it's too angular and the plastic looked cheap.  Again, YMMV.  I like the
> all metal look of the GS, except for the front duckbill. I'm hoping it'll
> grow on me... the look, not the duckbill ;)

I look forward to seeing it.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)