Re: [ST] Hiya - new member

Make sure the rear wheel bearing isn't covered by the recall.  If it is make
sure they have fixed it.  I had mine repaired before I accepted the bike.
Othere than that I can't think of anything.  I am a big fan of the rear
rack with top box in place of the soft bags.  I have the hard bags for
longer journeys but for commuting and locking the helmet on the bike
the top box is hard to beat.

Wes

On Tue Nov 12 at 05:27:43 PM, Finlay, Ian wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just joined the list. I currently haev a '94 Trophy 3, but intend to part
> exchange it for a 2002 ST next week. I'm in London, UK.
>
> I wonder if I might ask for some guidance? The deal I'm getting seems good,
> with the price of the bike being UKP6250 (about $9K). Is there anything I
> MUST get with the bike? I've already decided on heated grips (have them now
> and wouldn't be without), and a 3 day test loan makes me think I need bar
> risers. Anything else? I have soft luggage I'm happy to use, especially as
> the ST luggage is big £££ for me!
>
> Also, are there any areas worth checking closely before I accept the bike?
> Any well known failure modes?
>
> Anyway, it's nice to be here. Hope to be a "real" member soon.
>
> Ian Finlay
> London UK

> This e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity named above and contains information which is or may be
> confidential, non-public or legally privileged. Any dissemination or
> distribution of this message other than to its intended recipient is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
> notify us by email to postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx immediately and delete the
> original message and all copies from all locations in your computer systems.
>

> This e-mail has been swept by Mailsweeper TM for viruses. However, FLAG
> Telecom cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a
> result of software viruses.

- --
My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
the name of the company that owns them anymore.

End of st-digest V2002 #638