[ST] steering head bearings

I have been trying to diagnose a slight clunking I feel and occasionally
hear when I tap the brakes on smooth pavement and at low speed. It's very
discernable. But I had it checked & dealer said it is fine, bearings okay.
Now this was a Yamahopper dealer but they ought to be able to properly
diagnose front end problems, wouldn't you say?

Now I just had someone hold down the back end whil(st)e on the center
stand. I grabbed the bottom of fork legs to push & pull and there's
definite a little play in there. Not much but HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?

TIA,
Apex Dawg