Re: [ST] tire stuff

Strizver, Chris L wrote:
> Aren't you setting yourself up for catastrophic
> tire failure by allowing a foreign object to remain inserted in your tire?

Ride-On's advice is for you to inspect your tires on a regular basis,
like when you check the air pressure every week. (Everyone checks their
tire pressure every week, right?)

If you find a nail, remove it and go for a ride so that the Ride-On can
fill the puncture via centripital force. (OK, actually, they say ride to
your nearest tire expert and have them examine the tire, but that's just
legal CYA.)

They further state that a puncture sealed with Ride-On should be
considered good for the normal life of the tire. I've put 5K miles on a
punctured tire with no problems -- it didn't leak air and it didn't
delaminate, shred or explode.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA (USA)