[ST] Triumph Alarm Immobiliser?

Any opinions or experience with the Triumph Alarm Immobiliser? I don't have
any experience with motorcycle alarms and I'm only partially convinced it
would be useful. I try to disc lock, cable to an immovable object and cover
my ST when I leave for it any significant length of time. For instance
overnight at a hotel. The alarm would be more for convenience and to
supplement the disc lock. The Triumph version has the advantage of an alarm
connector block in the existing wiring loom and would cost around $320.00
with a discount.
Cheers,
Scott Alexander
'00 Red ST