RE: [ST] Oil

Hey Jay,

Have you considered asking the manager of your local the Mobil station to
order you a case? I'm not sure how Mobil works their franchises but I can
get my local 76 station to order just about anything from 76 up to and
including a 35 gallon barrel of 110 leaded race fuel. My assumption is that
your local Mobil station should be able to special order products from their
distributor as well. You might want to consider giving this a try. Call a
station and ask to speak to the owner/manager and see what they say.

Mobil1 synthetic for motorcycles is available in the following grades:

Name    Product Number   Engine Type  SAE Grade  Service Classification
 MX4T    48138-2         4-Cycle       10W-40      API SH, SG/CF
 V-Twin  48139-0         4-Cycle       20W-50      API SH, SG/CF
 MX2T    48140-8         2-Cycle       N/A         API TC, JASO FC

Here's the product data sheet for the motorcycle oils.
http://dallnd6.dal.mobil.com/Apps/DS/_39gj50ko_/MobilPDS.nsf/26b7c4b33367a4a
086256665004e4266/6325617b889b097e852568950046958e?OpenDocument

Mobil1 for automobiles is available in the following grades:

SAE Grade   Product Number   API Service Classification
   0W-40      48149-9          SL/CF
   0W-30      48116-8          SL/CF
   5W-30      48111-9          SL/CF
  10W-30      48117-6          SL/CF
  15W-50      48120-0          SL/CF

Here's the product data sheet for the synthetic automobile oils.
http://dallnd6.dal.mobil.com/Apps/DS/_39gj50ko_/MobilPDS.nsf/26b7c4b33367a4a
086256665004e4266/61638dff7d0453b085256b8400618b40?OpenDocument

This is a link to the US distributor locator page. There are similar pages
for other geographies.
http://www.prod.exxonmobil.com/channelpartners/mn_distributor_directory.jsp

In Mass. the following show up as distributors:
 Alliance Energy Corporation
 30 Charles
 Needham, MA 02494
 781-444-4472,  fax 781-444-4374

 Altman Distributing Co.
 11 Old Right Rd Unit B
 Ipswich, MA 01938
 978-356-4369,  fax  978-356-2656

 Lub-O-Line Co
 9 Florence Street
 Somerville, MA 02145
 617-776-4490,  fax  617-623-5430

 O'Connell Oil Assoc Inc
 545 Merrill Rd
 Pittsfield, MA 01201
 413-584-4168,  fax  413-584-4655

 Schultz Lubricants, Inc.
 164 Shrewsbury Street
 West Boylston, MA 01583
 508-835-4446,  fax  508-835-4134

All the above specs and links came from surfing over to www.mobile.com and
just clicking around. I've spent more time pasting together this email than
it took to find the info. Let your mouse do the clicking...

enjoy,
- -brad-