[ST] Winter Storage

Unfortunately for those of us who live in the great North-East (and
North in general I suppose) it is time, sadly, to put the beloved bike
away for the winter time.  As this is my first time with  a bike that I
cannot ride in winter (even in Dorset, England you can, at a pinch, ride
all year round if you so desire) I was hoping someone could give me some
pointers as to how to best prepare and treat the bike this winter.  The
bike is fairly new so I really want to look after it during it's first
winter.  I have ordered a battery tender and I will hook that up for the
duration - I have the bike in my garage.  What other things should I be
doing - do I need to change the oil (only has 1,800 miles or so) and if
so will the cheaper stuff do as long as I change it before riding it
again in the spring (which seems soooooooooooo long away right now),
will it be best if I run it every week for 30 minutes or so, do I need
to rotate the wheels, do I need some gas stabilizer (or even drain the
system), etc etc.  The bike will be stored in an unheated garage -
albeit with a furnace in it so it is not totally freezing.

Any and all advice gratefully received.

Regards,

Kevin