RE: [ST] Winter Storage

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Ken Mitchell wrote:

> Yes, I suppose filling the tank is still a good idea. About the
> Pitbull reversible stand, nice. A friend has one for his
> Daytona and it works great. HOwever, unless I'm missing
> something, the weight of the bike is still on that rear shock
> even when the wheel is off the ground. ;)
>
> At least that's the way my lowly RS is when I have it on my
> rear swingarm stand.

This might make getting that centre stand worth while? Put the
bike up on the centre stand, and that will take all the weight
off the rear and 95% off the front. At least to the point where
the front suspension will be fully extended. If you are still
worried about the front wheel contacting the ground, you can
prop up the shocks with custom fit pieces of wood.

But then again, that is going back to when I actually had to
winterize a bike :-)

t.

 Thomas Emberson
 '00 Yamaha WR400F (self abuse in style)
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s
 '03 Yamaha FJR1300

 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500
 killed by rocks: '01 BRG Sprint ST (18 months old, 25,152 miles)