Re: off list(Re: [ST] Winter Storage)

Ahhhh, it was a creative taunt tho', no?  :]

Yep, go on down to Motoliberty and get one of the salespeople to help you
with sizing/style of helmet.  Arai has about 4 different head shapes
available these days.  You should be able to find one that fits.  You might
even take the Shoei with you, they may be willing to do some type of trade,
if you don't want to keep it, that is.  I would not mention the "trade" idea
until you find an Arai you like and they are closing in on the sale.  Make
sure and take all the original packing, and receipts with you too.

One thing I know now, is that a proper fit will feel too tight in the store,
comfortable all around your head, but ~tight~.  Make sure and leave each on
for a few minutes, and ask lot's of questions.  Mention my name and get a
10% SURCHARGE !  :]

One other thing, most all the helmet mfg's will be at the MC show this
weekend (Arai for sure).  Might be a good place to try on a wide variety of
helmets, and maybe get a good deal.  I paid $380.00 for the Signet-GT (solid
color) at motoliberty, just for a baseline comparison.  Retail is $469.95

Good Luck Bro'!  A properly fitting helmet is probably the most important
piece of equipment you will buy.  Do it right, both for safety's sake and
the fatigue factor.

steve