[ST] RE: tire fill for storage

> Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:59:17 -0000
> From: "Jez" <jmjm@xxxxxxxxxxx>

If this thread ever had a remotely serious element, have a look at the
following correspondence I had with Avon's Chief Tech man... ~:)

BTW, I've kept the bit about pressures just in case that thread starts up
again...

Regards,
- --
BRG
mailto:keith.tynan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/keith.tynan
'00 BRG Sprint ST 'Wolfram'

- -----Original Message-----
From: Smith, Lionel. [mailto:LSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 08:44
To: 'keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Tyre questions

Hello
To answer your questions in order;

1	No, do not reduce your tyre pressure if the machine is to be stood,
this allows too much flex in the sidewall and can promote cracking, or
premature aging

2	It is good to rotate the front tyre onto a separate spot, and weekly
would be more than sufficient

3	Running at 33/36 will improve initial grip, at the expense of wear.
However, if you are happy with available grip at 36/42, then why decrease
the pressure to wear the tyre out faster?. Only decrease the pressures if
you  are riding at a level where you are getting braking and powering
slides.