Re: [ST] AGHH!! Heated Grips and Heli-Bars.. HELP!!

In a previous email, st-digest stated:
>  the dealer is
> saying that they can't install the throttle grip because the Heli-Bars are
> missing a groove to route the wire (Under the left switch assembly?).
>
> Does anyone know of a fix?

Try using a Dremel tool to machine the requisite groove.

> If no solution can be found, then I'm looking at wasting $450 for the
> Heli-Bars and returning to the stock bars (Ouch) or returning the grips and
> suffering the cold.

If you can't return the Heli-Bars, try selling them on eBay.

> The other kicker is that I finally decided to put a longer throttle cable on
> at the same time, so if I go back to the stock bars, I would not need the
> longer cable.

See above suggestion.

> (Visions of money being flushed down the toilet starting to appear)

Well then, at least you can help conserve water by sticking your cash in
a big fat envelope and mailing it to me instead!

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."
                    -- William H. Mauldin