[ST] MP3 player & vibration - question...

Hello everyone,

I've been off the List for a while, so I'll reintroduce myself:  I'm a Brit,
living in Lafayette Louisiana and we've just got into our decent riding
weather season ( for me anyway - the summer is waaay too hot, although I do
some riding).  I have a '00 Sprint ST, with a variety of mods, some good
some not so good.

Anyway, to my question.  As a distraction to ease some of the stunning
boredom of I-10 (which is more or less unavoidable to get to the good riding
places) I usually listen to music via an MP3 player.  I've recently changed
to an Archos 20 Gb unit.  The problem is that I've tried several methods of
trying to isolate it from vibration inside my tank bag but the vibration at
anything over about 65-70 causes it to go into suspend mode - kind of like a
CD player skipping.  The vibration - which feels minimal to me when riding -
is enough to keep it in suspend mode.  When I slow back down, the thing
starts working happily again.

Does anyone have the same unit?  The same problem?  Does anyone have any
ideas how best to make it vibration proof?  I've tried foam, both hi & lo
density, even a Sorbothane sheet didn't help.  Does anyone have another type
of MP3 players and does it work without problems?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Alex

2000 ST - 18k miles, Corbin/Ohlins/Zero Gravity/Racetech/Staintune/PIAAs etc

End of st-digest V2002 #671