Re: frame sliders(Re: damage assessment(Re: [ST] ST's don't like to

I am always woried that the frame slider will grab something and bend the
frame while sliding.  I laid my bike down on the bay bridge and it slid over
an expansion joint.  Without sliders the bike wasn't too bad (other than it
ended up under a minivan).  With sliders it had a pretty good chance of
grabbing that expansion joint and bending whatever it was attached to.

I can also tell you that if you have to replace the frame the insurance co is
probably going to total the bike anyway.  I just trashed the plastic and
radiator and they didn't want to fix it.  Of course most of my plastic damage
was from the minivan and not the sliding on the pavement.

Wes

On Tue Oct 01 at 11:20:33 AM, Keith Winter wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 1, 2002, 9:10:12 AM, Brian D wrote:
>
> > Low speed, but high impact.
>
> True enough, a high-side can smack down pretty hard.  However, the
> slider would still seem to be a liability in this situation; I
> would think the bodywork would be cheaper to replace than engine
> pieces.
>
> -Keith
> '00 RS

- --
My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
the name of the company that owns them anymore.