[ST] Found some money in the seat cushions...

and bought a Powermax exhaust with it.  : )

Here are my initial thoughts/opinions:

Looks:  Great!  I really like having the whole rear wheel exposed on the
right hand side.  I really wanted a chrome finish for the parts that are
visible and even had I not gone with an under the seat setup, I think that
carbon fiber does not really match the bike.  I like shiny things.

Sounds: Awesome!  I think it now matches the looks of the bike which is more
sport than touring according to all the people that give me their opinion on
the street.  I think a 1000cc bike that gets up and goes like the ST does
should not be whisper quiet, but maybe that's just my penis talking.

Fit and Finish:  Again, awesome.  Everything fit together as described in
the instructions.  I installed it myself in a couple of hours (including
time going to get a cutting tool to take out the rear half of the fender.
My only complaint about the design is that it takes out the under seat
storage and I tried to get the seat on with the tools strapped to it, but it
wouldn't go.  But, what can I expect to happen to my underseat space when I
put the exhaust pipe there?

Performance:  It seems to have a small but noticeable bit more torque
although I haven't had it re-tuned yet.  May be able to get that done before
the weekend but there's a hurricane headed our way anyway so I guess there's
no real rush.  Also, the system is 3-4 lbs lighter than stock.

Value:  Overall I really like it, I just wish it wasn't $1300+.  Would I do
it again?  If I *found* some more money in the seat cushions, yes.  If I had
to scrimp and save to do it, no.  I would go with something like a
high-mount two bros chrome finish can.

Overall, the people at www.RideTeamTriumph.com delivered exactly what they
said when they said and I'd definitely deal with them again.

I've uploaded a file that I recorded in the garage via my laptop.  It sounds
a little distorted, but you should be able to hear the difference.  If
anyone wants me to I will upload the stock sound as recorded through my
laptop so the relative difference is more apparent.

Chris
01 ST