RE: [ST] Buy gas from other than middle eastern companies

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Cunningham Andrew wrote:

> > You're right, not buying fuel from the Saudi's would not
> > influence anyone, but, Bombing the crap out of them sure would.....
>
> Twat :-(

Andy,

I've got to admit, I am very curious as to your solution??

We can't bomb them
We can't impose any economic measures.
We've tried talking, but all that seems to do is widen the
gap between their people and the US.

What can we do to protect ourselves (N/A of course)

The Saudi/Iraqi/Iran etc. don't seem to listen without the threat of
force. If the "western" world (EU & N/A) demonstrate that no military
or economic actions will take place, then why would the governments in
question change their ways?  Their current methods seem to be working
quite well for them. (most like not working so well for the common
man their though)

So if we continue with the status quo, the common man in midle east is
going to see the economic seperation between the have's and have not's
increase.  And of course in their world it is the Americans that give
all the money to their goverment (oil). So of course, the SUV driving
Americans are the enemy

Yes, I know am very much over simplifying, but the question remains, how
do we protect ourselves if we can do nothing to the agressors????

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 1 day, 13 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500