RE: [ST] Buy gas from other than middle eastern companies

Well, here's one solution.  Pull our damn noses out of their business.
We don't bomb them, we don't impose economic measures.
Let them keep thinking They have us over a barrel.  And the whole time, We start dumping lotsa money into Fuel Cell technology and infrastructure.  Then when we show them that the barrel they think they had is over really has Made in America stamped on the side and we pick it up and walk off.  When we no longer need them,  then they no longer have any power over us.  Besides it's the middle eastern governments that have encouraged their own people to hate us.  Because if we buy their oil...well it's as you say we help create a bigger division between have and have nots.  If we stop well, we're the big bad wolf who has destroyed their economy.   So, damned if we do and damned if we don't, so the trick is picking the damned situation that effects us the less.

>>> ate_st@xxxxxxxxxx 10/03/02 09:05AM >>>
I've got to admit, I am very curious as to your solution??

We can't bomb them
We can't impose any economic measures.
We've tried talking, but all that seems to do is widen the
gap between their people and the US.

What can we do to protect ourselves (N/A of course)

List info