[ST] Official Results HP/Torque

I found this post in the archives from Steve Duncan regarding stock
HP/torque on an '01 ST:

(new) '01 results:  from 1/02

99.8 hp @ 9500 rpm     62.0 ft/lbs torque @ 5750 rpm

I just had a dyno run on my bike with the new exhaust and then again with
the Triumph performance tune software.

Pipe w/stock tune:
98hp @ 9500 rpm    62 ft/lbs @ 5750rpm
Max is 98 hp and 62.8 ft/lbs

Pipe w/performance tune:
96hp @ 9500 rpm    64 ft/lbs @ 5750
Max is 97.8 hp and 64.4 ft/lbs

However, what you don't see with these numbers is where the torque and
horsepower is across the rpm range so I put together a little table.  The
first number is rpm, the second is hp, and the third is torque.

Pipe w/stock tune:
3000, 10, 15
3250, 15, 23
3500, 19, 27
4000, 38, 48
4500, 49, 58
5000, 58, 61
5500, 62, 63
6000, 70, 62
6500, 75, 61
7000, 78, 59
7500, 83, 59
8000, 90, 59
8500, 93, 57
9000, 96, 56

Pipe w/performance tune:
3000, 30, 53
3250, 32, 53
3500, 33, 52
4000, 44, 58
4500, 52, 62
5000, 60, 64
5500, 66, 64
6000, 73, 64
6500, 77, 63
7000, 80, 61
7500, 86, 62
8000, 92, 61
8500, 94, 58
9000, 96, 56

Comparing the two runs, the HP difference at 3000rpm is about +20 which
closes to an average of +3 around 4500rpm and then stays at +3 all the way
up to 8250rpm.

For torque, the 3000-5000rpm range starts with a difference in torque of
about +33 lb/ft and closes to about a +3 lb/ft difference which is
maintained from 5000-7500rpm.  After that, the torque curves converge.

I didn't map the numbers very granularly, but if you have any specific
questions I will be happy to answer them.

Hope this is of interest to someone.

Chris