Re: [ST] Rookie questions

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Randy wrote:

> <<
>  '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100
> miles)
>  '00 Yamaha WR400F
>  '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 7 days, 282 miles)
> >>

> Paint me green with envy... ;-)
>
> How do you like that TL?  I've never ridden one but
> always liked the look. They seem a little torturous
> ergo-wise but that's only from sitting on one (and
> from what I've read).

Well so far, I am pretty sure the order to Heli will go out on
Monday, other than that, break in sucks. But you can feel that
the bike just wants to go.

Even with the Heli's, I can't see putting on more than about
2 or 3 hundred miles a day, where I could easily put 900 miles
on the ST. Different bike. I have always wanted a twin, now I have
one. Of course, it looks like the ST will get totalled, I was talking
to the claims agent, who said, since the basic engine, frame, swing arm
and such are all still in great shape, just cosmetic damage, the salvage
value will probably be fairly high. If they give me NADA ($7800) for it
then I will probably take that, and look to replace it in the spring.
I have no long distance trips planned until next summer anyway.

Otherwise, I will see what they offer, and then decide how much I
will have the shop do, and how much I will do myself. I was thinking
about painting the bike this fall anyway, so that will take
care of all the scratches except for the rip in the lower
left fairing.

Hmmm, what to do......

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 7 day, 280 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500