Re: [ST] bike down

Three choices, veer off and hit a
>parked van, continue on my current path and be struck  by the truck or put
>the RS down.  I laid it down.

First, let me say that I am glad you are all right.

I do have some questions though.  I have heard a lot of people say they "had
to lay the bike down" and in my opinion, this is the worst method of
accident avoidance known to man.  A bike does not steer whilst on its side,
nor do the tires grip.  The brakes don't work worth a damn either.  The only
situation in which laying it down might be the best option would be if you
were about to hit an object such as a tractor-trailer and you might be able
to slide under the trailor as opposed to decapitating yourself.  Otherewise,
laying it down sounds to me as justification for panicking and making a poor
decision and/or low-siding from panic-braking.

Was that really your only option?

>--
Peckham
'00 Triumph Sprint RS